View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #21
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Enough to drive Democrats to drink

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Apropos of Ted the Boozer...

This thread reminds me of a story an acquaintance of mine tells about her stint as concierge in a Boston hotel back in the late 1970s/early 80s.

She got a call one night around 2AM from some flunkie in Senator Ted's suite, demanding that a couple of bottles of scotch be sent up. As there was some sort of state or local ordinance against delivering alcohol at that hour, she politely replied that the hotel would not be able to comply with the request for a few hours, but that it could be delivered with his morning coffee.

A few minutes later, Senator Boozer himself gets on the line yelling, asking if she knew who he was, and demanding that the scotch be sent up forthwith.

She responded that she was aware of who he was, and that because he was a Senator, she was surprised that he didn't know that it would be in violation of the law for her to send scotch to his room at that hour, and hung up.

Undeterred, Senator Boozer, exercising his droit de senateur, called someone else on the hotel staff and got his nightcap.

Laws, neither big nor small, don't apply to Kennedys.
Of course not. Power and $$$ rocks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
And in the case of the Kennedys, it also corrupts.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote