View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 07:56 PM   #29
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Enough to drive Democrats to drink

[quote]
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
If you "read this entire thread" then you should have seen this "compelling argument":

"I'm not seeing "good commentary" in using cliches such as "Great White whale", "doofuses", conjecturing that Teddy was making his speech up on the podium when Wes thought he was "trying to decide whether to make the comparison to either Hitler or Attila the Hun".

Pruden can make his point without that sort of fiction."

These comments have nothing to do with your position taken later in the thread that Nixon is the most "immoral" and "criminal" politician ever.
No, they are germaine to the point to which they were made, that is the all too easy sliming of Kennedy done by Pruden. I heard that part of the Kennedy speech on Limbaugh, and there was no discernable "pause" BTW. Odd that you would expect a post prior to the nixon reference to have something to do with nixon...

Quote:
With this "factual response":

"None of these who received clemency were convicted of any bombings or murders BTW.

Again, this has nothing to do with Nixon or Kennedy.
Your not following this thread very well KG, that factual point was in regard to the post on Clinton. It is true and factual, isn't it?

Quote:
And this one that has both:

" You're referring to Kennedy? Absolutely wrong....Nixon was much more immoral, Adam Clayton Powell as well. The list is full of many more who betrayed the public trust.

Here, we have your conclusory opinion that Nixon was more immoral than Kennedy, unsupported by either facts or compelling argument. This is exactly what I was talking about.
Actually it was illustrative of other politicians who were guilty of betraying the public truct, which is IMHO is "immoral", and in the case of ACPowell, more "criminal" as well. As far as providing either of these with "facts" if one doesn't know their history, I certainly can't spend the time informing.

Quote:
As for Nixon, I can't name anyone he "kill[ed]". Is that the criteria?

Everyone can name someone that Kennedy killed. I suppose you believe it is "more criminal" and "more immoral" to be involved in a cover-up than it is to kill someone and THEN cover it up?
The point made was that Kennedy was "the most immoral", an absolute that by illustrating other "immoral" politicians is shown to be inaccurate. (Evilmav got that BTW). The second point was that Kennedy was also "criminal", which is totally inaccurate as he has never been found guilty of a crime, which of course AC Powell was. Both absolutes were incorrect.
kennedy likely was guilty of manslaughter, we will never know as there was no trial. Is he responsible for her death? Certainly, no doubt. Does that culpability make him the "most immoral...and criminal" politician ever? I don't agree, and the previous examples show why.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote