View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 11:46 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Barry Bonds about to join Hank and the Babe....

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"I don't care if he was on or not on steroids because he is just head and shoulders the most dominant force in baseball right now. He is more dominant than Shaq is in basketball. Props to this guy. " This comment blows me away..it really does... I dont even know where to begin...lets see...was he head and shoulders better when he was 50 pounds lighter?? NO- he was an all star- but not hitting 70 home runs..

Ben Johnson was head and shoulders FASTER than anyone in the world- what happened to him? Hmmm..he was stripped of his gold medal and record. Its a damn double standard and its sick. Thats the problem here...too many are like mavsfanforever and looking the other way, as long as he is "head and shoulders above" anyone else who cares...well, for the integrity of the game- I CARE...records are made to be broken- the natural way..not the drug way...

When ben Johnson was striiped of his gold he was the only one in that had the advantage of steroids and thus Carl Lewis was the one who got the medal. We are talking about Baseball where none of us have any no.s in terms of percentage of players who take steroids. Infact Bqonds may be competing with fellow players who are themselves on steroids. What percentage I am not sure but we do know that it is atleast 5%.

Secondly, how many people have the talent to hit 70 home runs. BTW, steroid testing was not even a part of the MLB agenda until this season. Ben johnson very well knew the substance he took was banned and he was representing his country. There is a huge difference in the comparision you presented between Ben and Barry. No double standards here.