View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: What the World Needs Now Is DDT

I won't argue that DDT has certain harmful effects, especially when used as a pesticide for agricultural purposes. However, the pressure put upon foreign governments by the United States and it's rabid environmental activist groups has caused malaria to thrive and kill unchecked in most of the world. Don't you find it concerning that LIBERAL sources are estimating the cost of not using DDT is in the range of "hundreds of millions" of HUMAN lives?

Environmental policy often comes down to a trade-off between human well-being and the well-being of animals. I'd say that if these reports are true about the impact of the DDT ban, America made a devastatingly poor decision... one of the worst in the history of mankind.

The legacy of DDT is quickly being defined as a disgusting example of how misguided ecologic ideology trumps common sense. In this case, the environmentalists have the blood of hundreds of millions on thier hands. I only hope we can learn something from this debacle.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote