View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 09:22 AM   #101
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Zeke's gotta go.

Definitely deserves to be fired.

He's thrown the team's future away, and he's not one bit better at managing injuries than Layden was. (...Okay that injury part was a joke....okay, half a joke. But Layden got reamed unfairly for things beyond his control.)

They skank into the playoffs in an historically bad year for the (L)Eastern Conference, with a record that would NOT have even QUALIFED last year. And they're just about to find out that no matter how many times he hugs Lenny Wilkens or kisses Zeke's ass, Starbury doesn't have the stones for the Big Time.

Meanwhile, the Pacers, with a REAL coach but also with an arguably LESS-talented team than last year, set a team record for wins, dominate the (L)Eastern Conference, and look like they could be a tough matchup for the Western Conference survivor.

Go figure.
I understand your disgust. However, I would try to give Thomas a little more slack (maybe enought to hang himself) because as GM you need at least 3 or 4 seasons to really start building a team. This is his first year and he's already brought some A-level talent to the Knicks.

Give it some time and especially in the Eastern Conference, this team will have a better chance next year.

Oh by the way, I agree with you they need a better coach.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote