View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default RE:ESPN Insider - Offseason Trades

A Walker plus fodder for Davis and Chandler might work for both teams.

Walker isn't really a 3, but I suspect you could give him a few minutes there. It frees up Antonio Davis' bad contract for them and lets them rent Walker for a year and see if they like him. If they do sign him to a more reasonable contract say starting at $8 a year. Even at this price the Bulls are sitting at about 32.5 in payroll. Assuming the cap grows a little to about 46 million next season that would enable them to max a player out if they wanted to.

Obviously they would still have some holes to plug, but everyone out of the playoffs in the East has holes to plug. It would give them a core of Curry, Hinrich, Walker, and a max out free agent, plus this years high draft pick.

As for the Mavs well that is prety obvious

PG: Nash/Daniels
SG: Fin/Daniels
SF: Jamison/Howard
PF: Dirk/Chandler/Davis
C: Davis/Chandler/Bradley

Now that isn't a bad 3 headed center, and Chandler has some upside. Personally I think the Bulls might be giving up on him too soon in spite of his health problems, and I think question of his work ethic. Regardless a lot of bigs take 4-5 years to develop. Particularly the real yung-uns. See Jermaine O'Neal for example. Don't get me wrong though I don't believe for a second Chandler is the next J Oneal

You have some guys who can score in Nash/Jamison/Fin and Dirk, and some who can defend in Daniels/Howard/Davis.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote