View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 10:17 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:ESPN Insider - Offseason Trades

KG, if they're listing Brand at 6.8, then the reports that he's 6.6 1/2 are probably correct. Brand is a very productive player, but the odds are against a team anchored by a player who's going to be outsized as Brand would be. When the wheels go, the lift will go, and the blocked shots will be a but a fleeting memory. As great as players like Cowens and Unseld were, the dominant undersized center is the NBA's dodo bird. (With defensive apologies to Ben Wallace.)

Bayliss, I think a Dirk/Brand combo would be pretty limited. While both are immensely talented players, neither is physically dominant enough to be a defensive anchor. Dirk is limited in mobility and vertical game, while Brand is simply undersized. I really can't see Brand defending O'Neal any better than Walker does or Dirk does.

Brand, if he's lucky, will probably end up like a Barkley--great individual performer, but not a champion.
In fact, I'm starting to think this may apply to Dirk as well.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote