View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 10:34 AM   #103
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Official "Knicks to the Lottery" Thread

This is hilarious. Anyone see TT on TNT the other night where he shot his mouth off? It was priceless. First of all, he went off on Jason Collins, for what was a hard foul, but not a dirty foul (IMO). Then, he went off on K-Mart who basically had nothing to do with the play. Then he went off about how he was disappointed that none of his teammates backed him up on the play. Uhm.....TT, I think that means they DON'T have your back....they DON'T like you enough to incur a fine and/or suspension. Zeke has just slapped so many spare parts together that don't particularly fit, that there's not really any particular chemistry or bond.

TThomas was hilarious though. You could just see him getting disoriented by the sea of microphones and cameras in front of him, and he kept going on and on about what he was going to do. You could see in his eyes that he didn't have any idea what he was saying, or when to stop talking. He just kept on, talking bigger and bigger.

That's another problem--Thomas has put together some fragile, LOW-IQ "talent" like Tim Thomas, and Marbury. And he deserves to be judged as harshly for his managerial mistakes as Layden was for his. No free passes.

Let the talk of lynch-mobs begin.

TIM THOMAS CALLS FOR REVENGE VS. NETS

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 22, 2004 -- A furious Tim Thomas has all but put a bounty on the Nets' heads.
In an unprecedented diatribe, Thomas repeatedly challenged his Knick teammates to retaliate tonight in Game 3 at the Garden, saying he hopes they take out a Net like he was taken out last Saturday in Game 1 while airborne for a dunk.

In his first comments since being knocked out of the Lincoln Tunnel Series by a controversial foul by Jason Collins, Thomas also slammed Kenyon Martin, calling him a "fake tough guy" and saying repeatedly he was a "fugazy" - an Italian slang reference for fake jewelry.

"My goal is just to get back out there on the court and go hit somebody," Thomas said. "That's it. That's all I'm looking forward to do. What's been done to me is going to be done to them."

Thomas' explosive remarks at yesterday's practice inflamed the situation tenfold as the Knicks host their first playoff game tonight in three years, trailing 0-2 and needing a victory more than a gang war.

"Nobody's really responded," Thomas said. "I'm just waiting for somebody to do something. I'm going to be all right off the court. My concern is on the court how we respond."

Told he's calling for an act that could affect somebody's livelihood, Thomas shot back, "Nobody cares [about me] on their behalf. I've been hearing all kind of talk. It's easy. As it's been done to me, it could be done to them. I'm just waiting to see how they respond."

But Thomas, who is out tonight and likely out for the series with a back and bruised ankle, wants payback, saying he is disappointed nothing has happened yet despite Dikembe Mutombo's declaration of war.

"Definitely," Thomas said. "Deep down inside it hurts. This is the time of year, it's war. At that time, when I was laying on the floor, I expected somebody to do something, to push or shove anybody. It never happened. But we still got two games left and I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen.

"I don't care if it was Moochie [Norris] or Frank [Williams]. In that situation, you've got to respond. You have to. They understand what it is. It's now just a matter of who's going to do what. My teammates still have time."

NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson said he was "disturbed"by Thoams' remarks, and the sensitive Martin certainly will be steaming about Thomas questioning his toughness.

"I just think he's fugazy all around, he's a fugazy guy," Thomas said. "He's fugazy as far as the whole tough-guy role. You get fined. That makes you tough? Because you're game is wild and crazy? That makes you tough. For a guy to have a wild game to get technicals and fines. That makes you tough? Why? Somebody call Don King and look it up.

"It's just fugazy. When a scuffle breaks out you have 13 guys to protect you. When it's you and somebody else, what happens next? He's a pitbull who picks and chooses who to fight."

The Knicks believe Thomas is just blowing off steam, angry he may not play again until training camp.

Lenny Wilkens said Thomas is "frustrated" but added, "I think none of the players has forgotten what happened to him."

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote