Thread: AW
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 10:21 PM   #31
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road
Default RE:AW

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Listening to Nellie on Randy Galloway's show today was pretty interesting.
1. He said some junk about when dirk had the ball he had the option to take it himself. To that I say bs. I think he also said that he goofed on that one.
2. Galloway talked to him about najera for about 24 minutes a game, then he said fortson should get the other 24 minutes for both of them to bang on weber. Nellie asked "what about walker". Galloway said he should be on the bench.

Nellie got pretty testy and said walk was his starting center and would play. Then gotta go. Pretty testy.

I can't believe the way Nellie's trying to cover his butt. It's pretty pathetic. He's been running that play for years and never once has a player kept the ball instead of handing it off. I imagine that the play does have some kind of option to it but Nellie has completely miconstrued the situation. It is most likely that the player keeps th eball if the person they're SUPPOSED to pass too isn't open. I don't even know if that's an "option" as much as it is common sense. If someone isn't open don't throw it to them.