View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Where's the outrage?

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Quote:
Not only that you are attempting to create an emotional rather than a rational response to the issue which makes debate impossible, you are making the issue dangerously oversimplified. That scares me out of my wits as someone who has studied politics, history and philosophy.
It may come as a suprise to you but people can come to a different conclusions, not everybody has to trust the editorial crap that is put out by NY times, WP and Newsweek. You may have studied politics, history and philosophy but that does not mean your conclusion(s) is right. I have seen first hand how the Islamists behave, and I understand that Bush is doing all he can to counter the Islamists. I clearly understand we cannot wait for the proof to hit us in the face before we react, you may think so but not me.
If you distrust all traditional media sources and only trust fringe media then we will never find any common ground. The New York Times is a prestigious institution and one of their Middle Eastern correspondents has just won the Pulitzer prize. I would rather get my "editorial crap" from them than from Ollie "Iran-Contra" North and the irresponsible journalists at Fox News.

You also create the false dicotomy between supporting Bush and not doing anything against terror. I would like to strengthen world connections and use preventative measures to ensure that nothing else will happen. Bush is philosophically doing a wonderful thing by taking the fight to the terrorists, but in reality he is stirring up the hornet's nest. Give me an international police force and full funding of our national defenses and I would be happy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote