View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 11:03 AM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Why do the Mavs not have a definitive go to guy?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Dalmations, in all honesty, I think people are making WAY too much of the last second shots. No, they didn't fall.

What is important is getting the ball to your best player down the stretch of close games. The Mavs didn't execute down the stretch and didn't get the ball to their best player. None of those games should have come down to the last shot.
I agree. I just don't see Dirk taking the reins from Finley without a push. I also don't see Nellie mandating it. I have no problem with Dirk being the #1 option on this team, and being it's leader. They do have a problem with their not being that one true leader though.

I only bring up the last shot as an example of how Nellie tried all of them, and none of them came through.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote