View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default My Plan for Rebuilding the Mavs.

Since its the trade forum, and I am a pretty bored, here are some thoughts I was tossing around.

Trade 1:
Send Antoine Walker and Josh Howard to the Clippers for Elton Brand and Melvin Ely.

Mavs do it to get a big bruiser to play next to Dirk at the 5 spot. Even though Brand isn't a 5, he's certainly a much better option there than Walker. For the Clippers, there have been rumors that Sterling is already want to slash salary commitments for the future, and this trade allows him to dump a sizable commitment to the future. They also get a nice young piece in Howard that allows them to pull the trigger and somehow justify it. A Howard and Maggette 2/3 combo looks to be pretty promising with the imminent departure of Richardson.

Trade 2:
Send Steve Nash and Delk to Denver for a resigned Marcus Camby, Andre Miller, and resigned Jon Barry. Dallas does this to get more depth across the 5 spot. With Nash continually wearing down and looking to get a big long term contract, this makes sense for Dallas. In addition, Denver does this to get a 2 time all-star at the PG spot who can run the break effectively and provide a nice offensive compliment to Anthony. Jon Barry fits in nicely as a psuedo point guard in Nellie's system, and Miller and Camby immediately plug holes in the starting lineup and depth wise. While Miller doesn't have the offensive range that Nash does, he does allow Nellie to play him in the post, and Miller can also play the slash and kick game that Nellie loves to run.

Your team for next year looks something like this:

Brand/Camby/Bradley
Nowitzki/Najera/Ely
Jamison/Free Agent/Rookie
Finley/Daniels/Wahad
Miller/Barry/Steffanson

You now have a team of athletic players who can defend. You have a bruiser at the 5 spot to protect Nowitzki. In addition, this team automatically become's Dirk's to lead. You have perimeter defenders who are solid, and big men who can protect the guards who allow their man to get by. Its just a pipe dream on my part, but I could see it happening.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote