View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Hey guys...how bout Laird coming on and saving once was a HORRIBLE trade with Oakland for Pena? That trade is swaying back in the Rangers favor with Lairds emergance. And also, Cordero showing signs of being a dominant closer is making that trade with the Tigers look like a steal!!!

I'm praying we go ahead and sign Cordero to a long term deal like we have with some of out other good young players. Who thinks Mike Young has a good shot at being an All-Star this year. With Jeter off to a slow start and Nomar injured you could argue that Texas STILL has the best SS in baseball. I love our core group of young players in Nix, Blaylock, Teixera, Young, Mench, Laird, and even Soriano gets me excited watching him play. I didnt think he would fit in long term with this team but he has proven me wrong. You would have to think our infield is set here for a long time. I also think Nix and Mench will be long term answers in the corner outfield. I hope that Nivar develops in at centerfield. Can you imagine his speed added to this offense?

Pitching?

We still have a long ways to go here. Rogers won't be around much longer than maybe this year and next. It looks like Dickey is a keeper and Drese looks very promising. Can't wait to see Lewis back in the rotation.. I'm all for shelving Chan Ho and setting our rotation with Rogers, Dickey, Drese, Benoit, and Lewis when he comes back. I can live with that young rotation all year...

This team does play an exciting brand of baseball that is fun to watch. I'm the first to say that I was wrong about this team and how much hustle and heart we would see out of them this year. And yes, I will be back at the "BALL PARK" (not Ameriquest) this summer with my boy and show him how baseball should be played.

GO RANGERS!!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote