Thread: A little debate
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:A little debate

I agree with everything on your list KG, I would just add one thing.

Over the past four years we’ve grown accustomed to watching the player affectionately known as playoff Dirk. To get to the next level, Dirk is going to have to bring that kind of effort consistently. I mean it’s nice that he can raise his game come playoff time, but if he has it in him, why does he have to wait until May? It’s like the guy who goes for 40 the night after being left off the All-Star team (I remember Mark Aguirre did it once)...my take has always been: if you brought it like that every night, you would have been on the team in the 1st place.

Dirk has the tendency to drift in and out of games at times. He’ll sleepwalk through a whole half, then maybe turn it on in the 3rd or 4th. the season is a grind, but he needs to develop the mental toughness bring his max effort 70-75 night. It’s pretty rare for a player to average 5 more points per game in the playoffs for his career, and I’m not sure that’s an absolute positive.