View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 01:54 AM   #9
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Does america have what it takes?

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Right now the american people could care less about the iraqis or pretty much any muslims right now. They just don't seem to be worth the hassle. It's disturbing.
Unfortuntately I believe that you're right dude. Bush may not be taking the best course to insure reelection, however I believe it to be the right course. I pray that he continues with it and the American people have the stomach to do what is right even if it is hard.
If Bush cares more about doing what he and his administration honestly judge are the best strategic and tactical approaches to the War against Militant Islam, that's all one can ask of a leader. If Bush continues to abandon the Bush Doctrine for fear of losing reelection, then he deserves to lose. If Bush loses reelection because the majority of voting Americans believe appeasement is a viable strategy for dealing with Muslim fanaticism, then we're screwed. America didn't try to win the "hearts and minds" of fanatical German Nazis or Japanese imperalists, and WWII was a far less dangerous situation than what we now face.

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote