View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:All-NBA Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally posted by: mikel_ind
In evaluating Nowitzki's season, I didn't look at last year, and I didn't look at this year's postseason. Now I could do the latter: he returned to last year's form, for 5 games.

But for the season, he was among the bottom 5 players in the whole league in "most improved": in other words, he took a big fall from last year.

Players listed at PF that I reckoned had a better year than Nowitzki: Garnett, Duncan, Jermaine, Brand, Martin; then its a virtual tie between Gasol, Randolph, and Dirk.

Would I trade Dirk for Elton, or for Kenyon? Probably not. I think he had a bad year (relatively speaking) because of his summer basketball commitment, last year. Also, the Antoine/Antawn experiment didn't pan out.

Dirk's numbers took a hit mostly in the scoring department (down some 5 pts). Did he make up for it with improved rebounding, passing, defense? No, he was down across the board.

It's hard for your passing to be up when the offense suddenly runs through you alot less than in the past. It's difficult for your rebounds to go up whenever your team is loaded with good rebounders for the first time in your career. It's difficult for your scoring to go up whenever you're shooting less and getting significantly less touches.

Jermaine O'Neal is overrated. Brand puts up hollow numbers. Martin would only be slightly above a middle of the rung PF in the West.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote