View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Would you do these trades for Nash?

First and foremost, I truly believe Nash will resign in Dallas (even though I'm not a big fan of his agent). However, in my opinion, there are 2 teams that I think Nash would be willing to go to...Toronto and Phoenix. With that said, would you do these trades for Nash?

1) Nash and filler to Phoenix for Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and Jahidi White?

Why Dallas does it?

Marion and Johnson are both studs. Marion is a really good defender at the SF position. Johnson is a rising star at the SG position. White is essentially Danny Fortson...but I believe he's a couple of inches taller than Fortson...for whatever that's worth. Keep in mind...I'm under the assumption that Dallas will trade Walker for a center...be it Dampier or whoever.

Why Phoenix does it?

They fill a major need at PG. When Eisley is your starting PG...you have big problems. They clear up enough salary cap space to get Kobe...who apparently likes the Phoenix area. If Kobe leaves the Lakers...Phoenix has to be on the top of the list. The best backcourt in the league with Nash and Kobe teaming up with Amare is a pretty exciting trio.

2) Nash and filler to Toronto for Chris Bosh and Alvin Williams

Why Dallas does it? I'm a big fan of Bosh. Is he a center? No. But he's athletic enough to defend the 4s in the West (Duncan, Garnett, etc). Don't get me wrong. Bosh isn't an all-world defender just yet. I mean he's only 19. But I like his potential. Williams is an OK replacement as a backup PG behind Daniels

Why Toronto does it? They get "Kid Canada". With their high lottery pick...they can look to replace Bosh or some other pressing need.

Your thoughts?
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote