View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Would you do these trades for Nash?

Quote:
Dirno, you know good and well that there's no way in hell that Mark let's Steve go without getting something in return. It would cripple the franchise more than the extra year on Steve's contract and extra 5 mil that it would cost over a deal matching the remainder of Bibby's contract (which sounds reasonable to me). If Phoenix wants Nash bad enough, they'll have to give to get.
I would have agreed with that two or three years ago, but now I'm not so sure. It's been awhile since we've seen the Cuban "I don't care how much it cost to win" bravado that he exibited in his early years. I have no feel for how the Nash negotiaton will go.

Just out of curiosity GMC, how far would you go contract wise to keep Nash?