Thread: DSL or Cable???
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:DSL or Cable???

I already have zonealarm pro (fairly legally) and I thought the cable modem worked as a router (which I hear is a kind of firewall?). Everyone says that I should have a software and a hardware firewall; does the DSL box do that or would you still reccomend a hardware firewall? I have a few extra bucks this summer so I could invest in one if you would advise it.

Im also reading that the WiFi access point (which is built into the DSL modem) may cause me problems as well. In NC I had nerdy guy-friends that would drive around with laptops getting into WiFi points and messing around with them. Any advice to prevent that from happening to me??
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote