Thread: DSL or Cable???
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #25
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:DSL or Cable???

Erica, you will not get 192Kbps downloads though, there's an overhead for TCP/IP, but as long as you're getting 80% to 90% of your advertised speed, you should be fine. I had 1.5Mbit ADSL before, and it always ended up at 150Kbps on downloads. Just recently Bellsouth started offering 3Mbit DSL for 5 dollars more, so.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Currently getting 2.41Mbps out of bellsouth's newsserver, and while it could be higher, I'm not complaining, it is a little bit over double the speed I used to get with 1.5Mbps (which I was able to squeeze 1.19Mbps out of consistently). That's one of the best upgrades for a computer IMO. It's like a whole new experience with broadband.

Is it 1500/896? That's one heck of an upload speed for ADSL. I'm only rated at 384Kbps.