View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 11:31 AM   #37
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Moore's Film- Top PRIZE

Quote:
We do not defend Saddam.
Sure sounds like it. You keep complaining about our invasion of Iraq that removed Saddam. Sure sounds like you'd rather have him back in power. Maybe we should try putting the Nazis back in power while we're at it. Really we didn't have any better reason to remove them than we did Saddam.

Quote:
We are not extremists.
Well if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, and acts like a duck generally I would call it a duck. Same thing for extremists. And I'd call anyone who thinks that Saddam should be back in power an extremist. See below for example of extremist rhetoric:

Quote:
If you want to prevent Islamic militants from getting their ihands on a couple of anti-aircraft missiles, then why don't you propose the US just nukes the MIddle East and bedone with it, followed by a large-scale invasion of Indonesia, the sanitation of India, and anything else you want to do to eliminate the threat of Islam.
BTW we don't believe that we can prevent anyone from obtaining conventional weapons, but we can make it extremely difficult for terrorists to get them without our knowledge. With knowledge comes the ability to strike and destroy the weapons before they can be put to use. And we have a great deal of intelligent assets in Russia as compared to what we had in Iraq pre-invasion.

Quote:
If you fear the security of your citezens, it is time to put major pressure on Kim Jong Il, he is far more dangerous to US forces and US allies in the area than Saddam ever could be.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. We are putting major pressure on him and are getting concessions. Try using some relevant observations next time.

Quote:
And remember, it was the United States ofo America, who had the full backing of the UN, who were not able to wipe Saddam out of Baghdad, because, as I gather, Bush wasn't sure he could defend such a move. As far as I'm concerned, you can't defend it today either, but that's that, I guess.
It wasn't our objective to remove Saddam from power only to remove him from Kuwait and as an immediate threat. We did that. Now should we have added the job of removing him? Well I for one wish we had. Several hundred thousand dead Iraqi's probably do as well. But one mistake not to remove him, does not justify doing it again. We gave Saddam the chance the pansy Europeans of the world wanted to give him. And it cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lifes and ultimately ended up putting much of the world potential hostage to Saddam's WMD capabilities. And just because we didn't find any doesn't mean there weren't. And even if there weren't any, doesn't mean that he wasn't working towards being able to make them in secret.

Of course there are a lot of Europeans like you seem to be who would rather see hundreds of thousands dead than to admit that they possibly made a mistake. But hey are you the guys who gassed the Jews and other "undesirables"?

Quote:
Yeah LRB, go and show that anyone that disagrees with you has no valid opinion. Make my day.
Hey anyone's free to disagree with me. I don't have a monopoly on being right either. But if you are to argue, all I ask is that you argue intelligently and be mature enough to concede points, not the whole argument, but points when logic shows that you're wrong.