View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:question for you all

I think we need to examine some of Nellie's moves made when bringing the warriors up to the elite level he had them in before his unfortunate departure. He moved a star 2 guard (albeit somewhat 1 dimentional) Richmond for Billy Owens. He moved up in the draft to get Webber with the A. Hardaway trade. He later moved owens away to Miami for the big man everyone said they needed at the time. I think this is a make-it or break it period with the mavs. We all agree that the mavs may be in the best position to make moves to acquire new key pieces. Nellie's and Donn's pick up of Howard and Daniels was huge last year. I really feel Finley is going to be moved ala the Richmond move for a solid piece. GS at that time was deep in the 2 guard spot with Spree. Finley or Jamison or maybe both I believe will be moved. Personally I'd hate to see Jamison go and I agree with most of you that he is a piece worthy of keeping. Given Nellie's thought process I think he works to bring in Elton Brand. Bad news is, I think to pull off this one the Clips are going to want one of the rookies, Howard or Daniels. I believe they settle with J. Howard and Walker (Because of the contract year) for Brand and Wilcox; the vast majority should be convinced that Daniels is the real deal, but most aren't. D. Howard's their new future better clear out some space for him. This move leaves Finley available or even a Jaimison Finley package for another pick-up. Look then for Nells to move Bradley, Jaimison, and Fortson somewhere like Utah for their 21st pick drafting Peja Samardziski, Ostertag, Gugliotta and Raja Bell. Best and Wahad may be involved is some package deal with Finley. This still leaves the late 2nd rounder to draft a back up PG.

New Starting line-up:
Nash
Daniels
Nowitzki
Brand
Ostertag

Bench: Finley (if you keep) Wilcox, Gugliotta, Bell, Najera, Williams, Samardziski
Much deeper team.