View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 08:55 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:A tribute to George W. Bush

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"Reeds, I don't know where you've been for the past few years, but have you seen what Saddam Hussein was doing to his own people? Does the word 'holocaust' mean anything to you? I honestly don't understand how a human being can stand by, watch a crazy, psychotic madman torture and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi people and dismiss getting rid of him as unimportant. HaVe you seen the torture chambers? Have you read the stories of the people who were hanged from ceiling fans for years at a time and whipped every day simply for being different from Saddam? The war in Iraq was a good cause to help restore an unfair country, and if you think what Saddam was doing to his people wasn't important, then you have some serious waking up to "

You know what cracks me up MavsMan?? Hussein did that for years and years and years!! And we actually backed him and his country in the past vs. Iran...and I never heard this country- including yourself, ever say BOO about how much of a madman he was until Bush took office???What gives??? If he is so so so bad a man, why did it take until NOW for anyone to do anything about it??? Was there other republican presidents in the past??YES, what what done? nothing.. its just comical how all the sudden he is the DEVIL...but the past 20 years nothing was said about the man or done about the man...explain please

Reeds what planet are you from? Or have you just been in a remote community with not media access from the past 14 years. Ever since George Bush Sr. drew his famous line in the sand there have been tons of people in this nation advocating Saddam's removal and decrying him as a horrible monster. There has been a near continuous military action by the US and allies against the despot at least in some small measure. 1st we hoped for a popular uprising, but that never was successful. Then we kicked his mass murding ass out of power.

So you might want to write your liberal loving news network, CNN and ask for some tapes of the past 14 years on the US history with Iraq. Even their distorted view of the world clearly shows that we've been far from just sitting back and ignoring this monster for the past 14 years. It's comical how bleeding heart liberals such as yourself can't remember the time of day while staring at a digital clock if it doesn't agree with your political point of view. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]