View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 03:21 PM   #14
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough
Default RE:IMPORTANT!!!! - Members/visitors please read...

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
I'll just tell my story. Hopefully, someone can explain to me what's going on since I'm computer illiterate.

A few days ago, I was on this site. A message popped up every time I clicked on a new thread or moved around this site in any way. The pop-up said something along the lines that I couldn't view this page without downloading some kind of Flash or something (can't exactly recall). Well, I just continued to ignore it because I was able to read the threads just fine. But I was getting tired of this pop-up every single time I did anything. So, I clicked on more information. It essentially said that this download was safe. So, I downloaded it. It only took a few seconds and I never got that pop-up agian - thankfully.

But it seems that ever since that happened, I have been bombarded by pop-ups everywhere else on the internet. My computer looks like it now has things like Bargain Buddy, Optimizer, and a bunch of other things I don't even remember.

Did I do something wrong, or this involved in what U2 is talking about? I would appreciate any help.