View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #29
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Approach to the offseason

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremiah
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
If Charlotte take Walker we can still do a deal with Orlando with the tade exemption. We could take Grant Hill and the #1 pick say for Shawn Bradley and Josh Howard allowing Orlando to save caproom this year. This would allow Orlando to save cap room and may be more preferable than taking on Walker just to save cap room next year.
Though Bradley is a veteran, and I suppose Howard is now too, I don't think that's the kind of veteran personnel they are thinking will please TMac enough to get him to stay.

Jerimiah, I would agree with you there. In the case that I used as an example Orlando would be dumping cap space to pursue a veteran while getting some useful and cheap talent while doing so. But certainly Bradley and Howard by themselves wouldn't work.

We could also do a Fin or AJ with Howard trade for Hill and Orlando's #1. Then we could still use walker's trade exemption to do another trade. For example we coudl do Orlando's #1 pick + Walker trade exemption for a sign and trade for Dampier and GS 1st round pick.