View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas/Golden State/Philadelphia - 3 Team Deal

With Steve Nash leaving the Mavericks hanging out to dry...the Mavs need a veteran PG to run this team for the next few years...before handing over the keys to Devin Harris. Here's my proposal:

Dallas trades Antoine Walker, Christian Laettner, cash, and a future 1st round pick

Dallas receives Eric Snow, Erick Dampier, Clifford Robinson, and Evan Eschmeyer

Philadelphia trades Eric Snow and Glenn Robinson

Philadelphia receives Antoine Walker

Golden State trades Eric Dampier, Clifford Robinson, and Evan Eschmeyer

Golden State receives Christian Laettner, Glenn Robinson, future 1st round pick, and cash

Why does Dallas do it?

I like Eric Snow. Is he flashy like Nash? No. But he's a solid player...who plays perimeter defense. He has a nice assist/TO ratio. Dampier fills a huge need at center. Robinson is a nice role player. Eschmeyer will team up with TAW on the IR list.

Why does Philly do it?

They want to rebuild. Snow has 5 years left on his contract (the last year being a Team Option). Walker would be a nice fit in Jim O' Brien's system (former Boston Celtics coach). And yes...Walker's expiring contract is pretty appealing as well.

Why does Golden State do it?

Well...they get something for nothing. From Golden State's point of view...people can say...let Dampier walk...big deal. That's all well and good...but in this deal...they get rid of 2 bad contracts (Eschmeyer and Robinson)...two guys that are not a part of their future. They inherit 2 expiring contracts along with cash and a future 1st round draft pick. Heck...I would love to get something like that for Nash.

Dallas' roster:

PF Nowitski Najera
SF Finley Howard
C Dampier Robinson
PG Snow Harris
SG Daniels Stackhouse

Bradley, Podkolzine, Steffanson, Benga, and Fortson round out the bench.

Your thoughts???
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote