View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Als Amerikaner unterstütze ich natürlich mein Land

[quote]
Originally posted by: dude1394
Here is the future of our country, not a bunch of bitter leftist 60's throwbacks like mellencamp, whoopie goldberg, paul newman, etc.

Quote:

MichelleMalkin

THE ANDY RODDICK FAN CLUB
By Michelle Malkin ยท July 06, 2004 07:44 AM

He may have dumped Mandy Moore and lost Wimbledon, but American tennis star Andy Roddick won my heart with his answer to a German reporter from Der Spiegel who pestered Roddick about his views on the war in Iraq this weekend:

SPIEGEL ONLINE: What about the war?

Roddick: What's that supposed to mean?

SPIEGEL ONLINE: What do you think about the Iraq war? A mistake?

Roddick: One of my best childhood buddies is fighting down there, and of course I hope he comes out of it OK. Listen, it's not my job to make comments about that. As an American, naturally, I support my country. Some things I agree with, others I don't. Thank God I'm not the one who has to make the decisions there. I don't know enough about the whole situation to pass judgment on it.

Game! Set! Match! Hollywood could learn a lessson or two from this young man about patriotism and intellectual humility. By the way, Der Spiegel chose Roddick's comment "As an American, naturally, I support my country" as its headline. The German translation is:

Als Amerikaner unterstütze ich natürlich mein Land.

Ja!
Rodick doesn't have to be political. that's his right.
at the same time, it doesn't make him more patriotic than those who elect otherwise.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote