Thread: Back To Big Z
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #23
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Back To Big Z

I've seen a couple different versions of that statement by Cuban. The other version seemed to indicate a larger role for Howard than the one you're quoting.

Backup or not, though, Josh brings something to the court that neither Finley, Stack or Quis can. He may come off the bench but he's far from a redundant piece of the puzzle (our depth is really at SG; Josh and TAW are the only real SF's on the roster, IMO). Don't get me wrong. I definitely consider him tradeable, and I share your suspicions regarding the likelihood that he may get moved, if only because neither Quis nor Harris can be traded right now. I'm just not willing to give him up unless I'm getting something back that I really like or I'm giving up nothing else of value (eg., Walker), because I guarantee there are a lot of teams around the league that would love to get their hands on Josh.