Thread: Back To Big Z
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 01:48 PM   #28
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Back To Big Z

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
I agree with most of the sentiments here. But, Nellie is our coach for this year. Why would Nellie play Z anymore than he plays Bradley? Z is a good player on offense, but we've got scorers in Dirk, Fin, Stack, Quis. Z is not Bradley's equal on defense, which is what I want in the center for this team. I'm just not sure how well Z fits into our team. I think he's slow enough that he might bog the offense down. His defense isn't stellar. Plus, those foot problems could resurface. He may be a top 6 center, but I don't think he would be nearly as effective on this team.

I want the Mavericks center this year to be thinking defense first, which is why I would like to see it be played by Bradley and Mbenga play over someone like Z.
He is an offensive guy, so Nellie might play him. He is still 7'3". He is a true Center. He keeps Nellie from moving Dirk to Center. All good reasons for him to be here.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote