View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 03:13 AM   #9
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:What does your future Mavs Offseason look like?

Ahh there´s your brilliant Walker trade Aex. Sure Walker for Grant is much better then Walker/Bradley/Najera for NVE/Dampier/Esch lol. And then you´d have to give up another trade chip in Leattner for a PG, but you are talking about giving up trade chips in the other thread.

Atlanta wouldn´t do the proposed deal.

If we do sign the mailman and he can play (questionable, he allready had injury problems last year and is not getting younger) Dirk would play the 5 again which is bad.

Overall your proposed trades would maybe help us short term (I even doubt that) but we´d be much worse middle or long term compared to the trades discussed here.

You´d basicly be giving away all our trade chips for nothing. I asked you to be realistic in the other thread but Brian Grant? That´s being a bit too realistic. I really think we can do better then getting a backup PF.

If Malone doesn´t sign or is hurt you´d be looking at a frontcourt of Fin (out of position), Dirk and Mbenga. Wow. And Payton also is a question mark.

I´d definitly prefer this:

PG: NVE / Harris
SG: Daniels / Crawford / Stackhouse
SF: Howard / Stackhouse / Pippen
PF: Nowitzki / Laettner / JYD
C: Dampier / Chandler / Mbenga

And in this scenario you could still try to sign the Mailman for the LLE just as a bonus and play him as a backup PF and maybe backup C whenever he´s healthy. So you´d get this:

PG: NVE / Harris
SG: Daniels / Crawford / Stackhouse
SF: Howard / Stackhouse / Pippen
PF: Nowitzki / Malone / Laettner
C: Dampier / Chandler / Malone

You´d get rid of Fortson, Delk, Flores, Bradley, Najera, Podkolzine in the other trades so your injured reserve is Mbenga, Stefansson, TAW.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote