View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #23
withoutmalice

withoutmalice is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Vince Carter rumor

V. Carter would be a terrible acquisition because:

a. he's injury-prone - how many full seasons has he played over his career? = 1 out of 6 seasons

b. he's turned into a one-dimensional jump-shooter because of (a) - he rarely ever penetrates into the lane anymore to dunk or do a layup through traffic because he's afraid someone will knock him down or that he'll roll his ankle when he lands

c. he's a primadonna with a huge ego - he's accustomed to being THE guy in TOR so how would he take being just one of the guys on a team with a ton of depth and scorers?

d. he can't play defense - his +/- would be about 0 if such stats were kept - he might block a few shots but because of his injury problems he's afraid of physical contact and would thus be a terrible fit at SF, a position that requires a player to often work in the paint and help with rebounding and doubling and blocking out the other team's post players

e. he's got a huge contract

Believe me, I'm in Canada so I know what's going with the Raptors and V. Carter, enough to know that TOR fans want to get rid of Carter more than they want to keep him because they no longer think he's worthy of being deemed a "franchise player". TOR will be very very lucky if they can get rid of him because really he's untradeable as every other team in the league is aware of the aforementioned flaws.
withoutmalice is offline   Reply With Quote