View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #37
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Vince Carter rumor

Sorry, but if you have an opportunity to get a player like VC cheap you take it. It's amazing to me how out of favor he's fallen in the eyes of many, but just because the guy's a victim of his own hype doesn't mean he can't play, and bottom line is that he absolutely can play. Whether you're looking at traditional stats or +/- ratings he comes out golden, and he would instantly become the second best player on the team besides Dirk, regardless of who was dealt to get him. I'll willingly grant he's not what the team needs, but as madape has been arguing, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and if Dallas has an opportunity to get Vince in a deal that's a win talent-wise (and I'd argue there are quite a few scenarios that would fit this criteria) they would be fools to pass it up.

That said, this is probably all BS.