View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #30
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Michael Moore makes me want to puke and anyone who sees this trash should be ashamed.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsfaninDenton
Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsfaninDenton
Some of you guys are idiots, if you want to eat up the BS the media gives you go ahead. But at least watch the movie before you bash it. If you watched it you would have a hard time discrediting it.
This guy does not represent intelligent liberals.
Come on! What did I say that was so stupid? I will tell you this, I have heard all of these people talk about how the movie is full of lies, yet they haven't even seen the movie!!! I am definitely not un-informed. You want some sources for all of the facts presented in the movie? www.michaelmoore.com
BTW, how many documentaries have you seen that were not made to represent the beliefs of the director? There aren't many.

What did you say that was so stupid? Well the you mentioning all the people who haven't seen Farenheit 911 who have criticized it as if that point means something would be pretty stupid IMO. There are tons on books, TV shows, news articles, etc. which are criticized by many, and with good reason, without most of the people criticizing the work having viewed or heard it. Take Mein Kampf for example. There is no reason to read this book to know that it is full of lies and propaganda. Why waste your time. You don't always have to sift through every piece of garbage in the dumpster to determine that it is garbage, the smell alone will usually let you know.

As for documentaries, most try extremely hard to be both accurate and objective in there presentation of the facts. Yes, knowing that all directors are human, we can rightly assume that most if not all documentaries fail to meet these measures in at least some small way. However, I've never heard of a director you so casually threw in knowing lies and deciets as Moore does. Also it appears that Moore made almost no visible attempt to be objective. He takes the approach that whatever the means it is justified by the end. I personally have never seen this extreme of an approach or anything like it in documentaries.

Now as to www.michaelmoore.com, that's like going to the GOP headquarters to get information about who you should vote for. They have a vested interest to only give you one side of the story. Or maybe you could go to the KKK headquarters to get information on how to treat minorities in the workplace. If Moore isn't objective in his film, then why on earth would he be objective on his web site? This line of reasoning is inane beyond belief.