Old 07-15-2004, 06:14 PM   #19
NYKnicksFan

NYKnicksFan is on a distinguished road
Default RE:4 way to move Walker/Big Z/VC

Quote:
Originally posted by: withoutmalice
Quote:
Originally posted by: NYKnicksFan
The V-Carter deal is rumoured to go to NY and the player they (Toronto) want is Marbury. I'm sure they will want other Low priced guys like Lampe... It makes sence since for both teams and can explain why Isiah is trying hard to get Crawford. I don't believe the B.S. about a 3 guard set... Marbury gives Toronto the return value they can sell to the fans and if they can finagle maybe sweetney, they can also get a bright youn talent (that's dirt cheap) who will bang with the best. Also, I DO NOT want Walker!!! K-Mart destroyed him 2 years ago in the playoffs and with Shaq now in the east, he's way too soft! He's more like a 3 anyway... Cleveland seems to be very interested in K Thomas (for some reason), maybe because he's a mid-level salary guy and If they were willing to take him, I would try to work out a deal to move K.Thomas to Cleveland and maybe get G.S. involved for Dampier... If not, I am willing to start the next season with Carter, Nazr, Kurt and Tim Thomas as well as Crawford. At leat with Carter, NY gets their Marquee player that they can sell to the fans along with their $20 hot dogs!! Then both Carter and Houston can be on the DL mid season!!! Anyway, NY can afford the luxury tax.

Uh, didn't NY trade Lampe to PHO in the Marbury trade last year? And NY is not going to give up a top-3 PG in Marbury and an up-and-coming stud and their projected starting PF in Sweetney for an injury-prone Carter.
My bad, I meant Trybanski... It was late and I was tired
You have to understand the mentallity of NY.... It's a fortune to go to any sporting event... So to passify us they bring in a big name. As far as Marbury is concerned... top 3 point guard, maybe.. but he has a black cloud over his head and no team can seem to win with him at the healm! Crawford suffers from the same ailment as Marbury... shoot fist and pass later... but he doesn't have the same value on the market as Marbury. If we want to improve, even slightly, we need to use him for a trade. If we keep Tim Thomas we can use him in both the 3 and 4 spot. He would be great off the bench, he is athletic and is an opportunist type palyer. Nazr can excel in the 5 spot since this is an error of non-dominating centers. I would like to get a taller 4 though, since all the 4's we have are 6'7 or 6'8. Sweetney is going to be a good.. not great.. player and will compliment a team that has dominent players, which the knicks do not right now. Carter would be good for his showmanship and athletic ability, not tio mention that he CAN dominate. If Houston can stay heathly, he would have an outside presence to dish off to to keep the other team honest. I would actually like to see them go after someone like Joe Smith, he's 6'10 and a very good presence on the boards. Yes, he's not the best jump shooter, but after our 10 year with a shooting big man like Ewing, I would like to see someone who is about banging the boards. I would even like to see if Isiah can talk Rodman into joining for a year or 2. The only way Houston will stay heathly is if stays ourside and shoots his jump shots! That's his game, and if the Knicks keep trying to make him a slasher/dunking guard.. he won't play a 1/4 of the season with his knees being the way they are! That's what Carter can give us, even Tim to an extent.
NYKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote