View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #14
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:It's time to unleash FORTSON

I thought I'd bump this thread given some of the recent moves of Western conference teams.

It's been said that Fortson is most effective when playing against other short, stocky, strong players like Malik Rose and Elton Brand. Those guys can't shoot over him and he can keep them off the boards. If that's the case, he may be fairly useful next year off the bench, because the West has seen a mass exodus of strong, undersized PFs from the East. Kenyon Martin, Brian Grant, and Carlos Boozer are all now starting for some of our major Western Rivals. Not only that, but the defending NBA champs and the best team in the East are anchored by the premier undersized guy, Ben Wallace.

I think it could be advantageous to keep on the active roster for our games against Denver, Utah, the Lakers, the Clippers, the Spurs, and possibly portland (Zach Randolph) and others. Of course, the available time will seriously depend on how the roster shapes up, but I think he could be very useful in certain games off the bench.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote