View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 04:40 PM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: largest deficit EVER- yes, EVER!!! And you still back BUSH...hahaha

The strategy never worked for Reagan?!? Are you a moron? The Reagan defecits fueled perhaps the largest economic expansion in US history. Carter left this country looking like a used port-o-potty, Reagan turned it into the richest nation in the history of the world.

Bush didn't get his economic stimulus package into law until what? A year into his tenure? The recession ended almost immediately. We've seen nothing but historic growth since. First it was GDP, which soared on 20 year highs of quarterly growth in 2003. Then it was jobs, of which over 1.5 million have been added in less than a year. I don't know where you get your unemployment figures, but I think the US government is reporting them firmly around 5.5% - 5.6%. Sorry man, but that's nowhere near " like a 30 year high". I think Carter doubled those numbers, and had double digit inflation to boot! 5.5% is actually a very good number and is in fact lower than the average unemployment under Clinton. And the unemployement rate is actually dropping from THOSE great numbers! You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

As for terrorism, I don't think I need to remind you that there have been no attacks on US soil since 9-11. We've captured the mastermind behind 9/11. We have also captured or killed a good number of other high level Al-qaeda operatives. We've forced regime change in two terror sponsoring nations. We've pressured others like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Libya to join us in the war on terrorism. The Palestinean terror network is as flacid and limp as Arafat's crooked penis. There is still a threat of terrorism, sure. But the terrorists that we HAVEN'T catured, haven't killed, and haven't taken government support away from, are running scared like the cowardly bitches they are. They are ineffective. They are bafoonish. They are losers.

America is winning the war on terror. It has turned the corner of a terrible recession and is heading into a period of massive economic growth... All thanks in part to a president who's #1 concern isn't his poll numbers, it is his country.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote