Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
Valuing Kidd--Would anyone bite if the deal were:

Dallas Receives: Kidd, Mourning, Williams

New Jersey Receives: Walker, Laettner, Harris, Pavel
No.
You don't think Kidd is worth that? I don't think Jersey is gonna let him go for free.

Mavs lost out on O'Neal in part because they were trying to peddle expiring contracts and scrap metal to the Lakers.

OTOH, Pat Riley, who actually managed to swing the deal for O'Neal, offered substantive assets--Odom, Butler, Grant.

I'd hate to see the Mavs lose out on the opportunity to acquire one of the few difference-makers in the league today because they keep trying to get the best of other teams in trades.

Thorn is no idiot. He knows what he has in Kidd, and he doesn't HAVE to trade him for a crappy offer.

I agree that this package is kind of expensive, but again my question would be is the opportunity to win with Kidd worth the value of expiring contracts plus the potential of the young and as yet unproven players?

I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO interest in that. Kidd is good but far from a dominating player, and his injury makes him a huge risk with a monster contract.

For Shaq, they can have all our expiring contracts. But for an injured Kidd? No way. And Harris doesnt get traded either.

Would I take Kidd and his monster deal? Only if NJ takes back SOME money that we want to get rid of, and mid-tier talent (only).

Your deal gives too much to NJ for a player with a jillion questions marks and a bloated contract on top.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote