Thread: Kidd to Dallas
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #119
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kidd to Dallas

LRB, I said in Sike's poll thread regarding VC and Kidd that if you're taking into account what the Mavs need that I'd vote Kidd over Carter (even though I voted Carter over Kidd in the thread because of age and contract issues). I'm not deluded into thinking that Vince is an ideal complimentary piece, but if we traded for Vince it would be to upgrade production at the 2/3 over what we currently have, and I personally feel that he is just a flat out better player than anyone we currently have manning those positions. Now, I wouldn't sell the farm for him, and the practical reality may be that there are other trades that require the Mavs to give up less yet which also do an equally good job of improving the Mavs. If that's the case you don't trade for him, but I wouldn't let the fact that Carter's not a Marionesqe rebounder (he's not great but he's better than Stack or Fin) or Bowenesqe defender (gets a undeserved bad rap in this respect) or Kiddesque point guard (people seem to love to say VC doesn't make those around him better but I'm firmly convinced that, like Dirk, his presence does make things easier for those around him) dissuade me from acquiring him when the sum total of what he brings to the court is better than anything we've currently got on the roster outside of Dirk.