View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy Hudson says he'd try other teams

Hudson says he'd try other teams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Point guard, Wolves tangling over contract

By Ray Richardson
Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. PAUL - Frustrated by the lack of progress in finalizing his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, Troy Hudson said he's close to asking his agent, Bill Neff, to contact other NBA teams.

Hudson, a free agent after last season, said he might make that decision if no agreement is reached by the end of the week.

"I'm getting a little irritated," he said Monday. "I really want to be in a stable situation. I want to find out where I'm going to be for the season."

On July 14, Hudson said he and the Wolves had agreed in principle on a six-year contract that will pay him a first-year salary of $5.1 million including incentives. Since that date, the backup point guard has had difficulty getting formal approval of the contract from Wolves attorneys and the NBA office.

Wolves owner Glen Taylor declined to comment on Hudson's stalemate Monday. Wolves vice president Kevin McHale and coach Flip Saunders were unavailable for comment.

Hudson reiterated that he wants to sign with the Wolves. Several teams, including Miami, Utah, Houston and Toronto, expressed interest in Hudson before he told Taylor he wanted to stay with the club and share point guard duties with Sam Cassell.

Hudson said language in the contract "keeps changing," an indication that the two sides are still trying to agree on how to address Hudson's injury situation. Hudson missed 52 games last season with a badly sprained right ankle and underwent surgery in April. He's not expected to be at full strength until mid-September.

Neff said he plans to submit a new proposal to Taylor and the league office today, and that he hopes to follow it up by talking with Taylor. Taylor and Wolves attorney Greg Jackson are handling Hudson's negotiations with Neff.

"I have the same frustration as Troy," Neff said. "I think we'll be able to get this done by the end of the week."