View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 12:07 AM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Crawford to Knicks

I actually like what Chicago gets out of the deal--1) expiring contracts; 2) a serviceable backup, a role player, and a project; 3) Mutombo to work with Curry.

Knicks in Agreement to Acquire Bulls' Crawford
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: August 4, 2004

After weeks of negotiating, the Knicks have agreed on a deal to acquire guard Jamal Crawford from the Chicago Bulls, his agent said last night.

"They've come to an agreement as far as players," Crawford's agent, Aaron Goodwin, said. "We're trying to work out details that work out for Jamal. I'm confident we'll have something by tomorrow."

The Knicks would receive Crawford and Jerome Williams for Dikembe Mutombo, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams and Cezary Trybanski.

Although the Knicks would be getting the best player in the deal, they are surrendering four expiring contracts, the chips that they had hoped to use in other deals. Crawford, a restricted free agent, must agree to a seven-year, $55 million deal to make the numbers work.

"I'm very optimistic it's done," Goodwin said. "Unless for some reason New York changes their mind, I think Chicago is on board.''
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote