View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #23
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default RE:Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

I want a player that can defend well. (Peja doesn't do that.) Ummmm...you better tell Dirk Nowitzki that, because Dirk is one of the best players in the world and Peja gives him migraines. To say that Peja doesn't play defense is to buy into the propaganda of the "Non defense playing Euro."

Peja plays defense. Plenty of it.

I want a player that can pass the ball. (Peja doesn't do that.) No, he is not a great passer. 2.1 assist a game to Finley's 2.9. But when you are the best shooter in the world, why pass it? Dirk is not a great passer either, and he has good reason to keep the ball just like Peja does. Neither one of them shoots enough. 17.1 shots per game for Peja means that he should average 1.1 assist per game and take another shot. Or two.

I want a player that is tough. (Peja is not that.) How? What tells you that he is not tough? Is Michael Finley tough? Because he is the Mavericks small forward. And Peja torches him. Was he tough when he knocked the ball out of Michael Finley's hands in game 2 of the playoffs, while Finley prepared for his patented and predictable one on one move.

Is he not tough because he comes from the "suburbs"?

Oh wait.

He comes from Serbia, a place where Allen Iverson and his concealed pistol want absolutely no part of.

I want a player that comes to play in the playoffs. (Peja has never done that.) Ok. This year he averaged 17 points and 7 rebounds a game, which was way below his season average.

And which Maverick small forward was better? He was not great in the playoffs this year, in large part to Chris Webber coming back and dominating the offense, an offense that was better set revolving around Peja. He was not GREAT, but...which small forward on the Mavs was better.

What small forward in the world is better? I mean...how many can you name?

Peja is a good shooter. Ho-hum. He is the best shooter in the world, actually. And an improvement over ANYTHING the Mavericks have at small forward.

Actually, an improvement over what ANYBODY has at small forward, for the most part.

The point is moot. The Mavericks aren't getting Peja Stojakovic, because Peja, as one of the 3 candidates for MVP of the freaking leauge, is worth more than the Mavs can afford (and the Maloffs wouldn't send him to Dallas anyway.)

But to make statements like "I dont' want Peja anyway"...

Unless they are made for partisan reasons....

Reflect a low level of knowledge of this game that Naismith invented

EVERY team could use a Peja. The guy took 3 less shots than Vince Carter, yet averaged 2 more points.

You don't want Peja? Then who the hell do you want?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote