View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 11:56 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Richard Jefferson signs $78 million extension with Nets

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
How the hell is he not worth it? Did you see any of the other contracts this offseason?
That doesn't mean he's worth it just because other idiots are giving away hefty contracts. Tim Thomas, Finley and Allan Houston all get paid like superstars. That doesn't mean their worth their respective contracts.

This is a pretty hefty contract to play for a role player. I'd be trying to pay that money to someone I could try and get to be my centerpiece of my team. That wasn't Kenyon Martin and it sure as hell isn't Jefferson. He's a great role player but in my eyes he's just another oen of those guys that Kidd helps look great on the court.
Well its all relative if you ask me. IS Kenyon MArtin worth 15 Mil signing bonus which is more than MJ's signing bonus - No. Is it the smart way to do it- yes.

If Adonal Foyle can get 50 Mil - 3ppg 3rpg RJ deserves it.

Adonal Foyle for one thing is a big man but he also doesn't deserve his contract. Like I posted above just because you see someone else getting a ridiculous contract doesn't mean it's a good contract for a player doing just a bit more than that player is doing. Kenyon Martin was highly overpaid too but I can't fault them forgiving him the contract. It was what they had to do.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote