View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Epitome22
I think Kobe's defense has put forth more than enough reasonable doubt that speaking of him as a criminal off-hand is unjust. I was originally behind this woman, but the newer evidence has led me to seriously doubt or question her believability. The sole remaining factor that kept me on the fence was the fact that she did not opt for civil suit, and instead pressed charges against him. Well it looks like the cash was on her mind.

Free Kobe from this burdensome trial and leave this skank to her own devices. If only there was a way to sue or press charges for false accusal.
Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all Epitome. You seem like the type who would be against rape victims rights. Of course reasonable doubt only means that a jury can't convict, it hardly proves Kobe innocent. Add to the fact that the "leaked" evidence has been in Kobe's favor but the victim, her lawyers, and the prosecution are under gag order to reply to it. So you're just hearing one side.

Now she only goes to civil suit after being severely abused by the court which "accidentally" leaked personal and confidential information to the public on 3 seperate occasions.

Make no mistake, Kobe if he gets off will do so because of his wealth and fame, even if by some chance he's innocent, which he's not. It's possible that he may not have raped the girl, but in no way is Kobe innocent. At the very least he's an adulter.

But even if falsely accused Kobe has the money to take care of and protect himself. His accuser does not. What we will see if this criminal trial goes forth is the accuser and not the accused being put on trial. In fact that is already what's happened. Fortunately for Kobe there are a lot of sexist bigots who always look for any excuse to blame the woman. Thanks Epitome for keeping the dream true to form. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]