View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 11:47 AM   #44
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Quote:
People are saying the accuser is lying, but NOT because of any evidence related to the incident itself; rather, they're looking at smear tactics used by the defense concerning this girl's prior sexual exploits and thinking the worst of her because she had a promiscuous past.
I don't think Kobe did it, but not b/c of the girls sexual past. It's not fair to use that fact when there's plenty other ones out there. For one, athletes, especially NBA players, are the most vulnerable people in the world when it comes to sex. So if someone wanted to set him up, it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do. And i also take into consideration that Kobe is a tall, good looking young man who makes 12mil a year who has a wife, so i look at it like why does Kobe need to rape the girl unless he's just a sick individual? And i also take into consideration the evidence that the defense has that claims she had sex not too long after being raped. Even though i'm a guy, i try to put myself in her situation. So if i'm her and i got raped, the last thing i would even think about is having sex, especially if i had vaginal tearings.
1st of all rape is not about the sex, it's about the power. Anyone who rapes is extremely messed up period. Of course we know that Kobe really doesn't like power. It's not like he orchestrated shaq leaving the Lakers or anything. It's not like he orchestrated getting his boss, Phil Jackson, fired or anything. It's not like he demanded a large say in personnel moves inorder to resign with the Lakers or anything. Does this mean that Kobe raped the girl? Not by itself, but it certainly shows that he has a predilection for power.

And just because the defense says so, BTW which violates the gag order and rape shield laws, does not mean that the girl did have sex after she was supposedly raped by Kobe. In fact there is a great deal of proof in what has been released that shows that she did not have sex after her experience with Kobe. And even if she did, that is still not definitive proof. You site that you can't see someone doing that. And how many hundreds of rape victims have you encountered? Probably like most people who have only known a handful at best. So you need to rely on a study to be very accurate. Studies also show that it almost never happens that a woman falsely accuses a man of rape. Especially in high profile cases like this one because of the accusations people will level against her.

It seems that everyone is quick to jump on the smear campaign of innuendo that Kobe is conducting against this girl. He's definitely putting her on trial. Why, because his only defense is to try and make her look worse than him, and he looks pretty damn bad. In other words Kobe is incapbable of keeping from being proven guilty with out a smear campaign against this girl.

How would you feel if some rich dude beat the crap out of you and then said that you did the injuries to yourself just to get money. Proof would be that you suppossedly played Bball after the beating because you wore basketball shorts with sweat on them to the emergency room. Maybe you just got beatup playing ball. After all rich people are always targeted by dishonest lazy and worseless trash like yourself.