View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Semi-realistic proposition with Seattle

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
LRB check out the original proposal...
As far as the original post goes (I'd do it) --- you can change the name Lewis with Peja, Magette, Kirilenko, Artest and I'd still do it.

You can also add Laettner to Stackhouse/Howard and get Marion or VC. Not sure I'd do the Marion deal (because of height), but definately would do the VC deal.

Either way, IMO--- put a "stud" SF next to Dirk, and watch both of them take Dallas to the top.

I don't expect any of the present teams to trade their "star" to the Mavs, but I think the SF is now the most important position to upgrade for the Mavs. The Center has been address, and could be upgraded for sure, but Dirk has a face up game and big SF's give him problems. If you put a Big SF on the team, other teams would be forced to guard Dirk with PF out on the floor. Who besides Kevin Garnett can do that? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote