View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #62
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

[quote]
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

Let's revisit your original post in this thread since you have IMO introduced so many restatements of your original post to be very confusing.

1) you pronounce that you've judged Kobe to be innnocent.
False. I said that I felt there was more than enough "reasonable doubt" that considering Kobe guilty outright as is done in this forum was unjust.

[quote]
Quote:

2) you've announced that you doubt the woman's credibility.
False. I never said anything about her credibility or reliability as a witness. I merely stated that the newer evidence has led be doubt her more. I suppose it could be interpreted that me saying that her filing a civil suit compromised my faith in her as questioning her credibility.

[quote]
Quote:

3) you've judged that the woman only had cash on her mind.

True. Her opting for civil suit has led me to question whether or not she had financial motives, previously unquestioned.

[quote]
Quote:

4) you've judged that Kobe needs to be free from this "burdensome trial", and are therefore declaring that you do not want to see the justice process work where Kobe is judged guilty or innocent by a jury based on legally presented evidence. You through rumors, innuendos, and half truths are fully confident that this is uneeded.

False. I want Kobe freed from the burdens of a trial that's based on very weak charges in my eyes. My opinion on Kobe's lack of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is based on the evidence that has been presented in the courtroom that has been made public, it has nothing to do with rumors or innuendos spread by some dorks that may have shared a lunch table with her in highschool.

[quote]
Quote:

5) you call the victim a skank, a particularly vial and degrading term. Later posts you state that you base this on the rumors that she slept with every Bball player she could.

True. But I don't base it solely on the fact that she was an NBA groupie, more than enough stuff has come out about this girl that lean in a favor of a "skank" verdict. I suppose it's possible that it's all B.S. and part of some vast conspiracy to destroy her but I wouldn't call it probable.

[quote]
Quote:

6) you state that the girl, the alledged rape victim is the one who should have charges brought against her while Kobe is let go.

True. If this rape allegation turns out to be false (no way to prove that) then there should be a way for the falsely accused to seek punitive damages.

[quote]
Quote:

You're pathetic. Sorry I have no respect at all for people who respect women so little.
The feeling is mutual. I have equal contempt for conservative blowhards with such a perverse desire to see rich black athletes locked up, guilt be damned.

[quote]
Quote:

you want Kobe treated innocent until proven guilty.
What a concept!!!!!1111

[quote]
Quote:

Hell you want him treated as innocent and not even have a chance to be proven guilty. And yet you treat the women as guilty without having any chance to rebutt the accusations leveled against her.
I don't treat the woman as guilty any moreso than you treat Kobe as guilty.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote