View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:48 PM   #33
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dampier, Dallas, and the Bobcats?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Finley4ever
The problem with your scenario, Erica, is that Charlotte doesn't have the cap room to absorb both of their contracts. RealGM is wrong I believe (maybe they didn't account for Charlotte's smaller cap?) and the Bobcats only have about $6 million in cap space according to Hoopshype. In fact, I don't think that the original trade I proposed works either.
Well, maybe if charlotte has some bad player that make little money (that they dont want) that only has one year garunteed, he could replace the 2nd rounder in the deal. Lets say he has 620,000 in his 1st year salary, combine that with the 6 mil. that they have in cap space + 100,000 and 15%....that would be enough to cover stackhouse's salary. That player could be sent to GS and they wouldn't care because we would give them 3 times the amount of the salary in cash. I know it is a stretch... but it could make the original deal work...

dallas gives up- stack, 1.5mil to GS, 1.5mil to Char
Charlotte gives up- the last of their cap room, bad player (theron smith, omar cook, or Brandon Hunter)
GS gives up- Damp

Dallas gets Damp, Charlotte gets Stack + Cash, GS gets TE +Cash+player (and only keep him for one year then take his small cap relief)

I hope everyone understood this all.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote