View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #11
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Bush: a paragon of truth

My, my. Aren't we all good at making excuses for Mr. Bush?

Bush lied to distance himself from Lay. Understandably so. Still, there are two lies contained in his statement. When read as a whole, he is trying to make the case that Lay was no supporter of his, no friend or even acquaintance of his prior to his election. "Hey, I didn't really know the guy – and he was a Richards supporter!" Um, blatantly untrue.

You are all so quick to crucify Kerry for confusing statements that are both affirmed and denied by other people who are there. Maybe he lied, maybe he didn't. Frankly, considering the "facts" of the case – and the fact that they are all disputed to various degrees – we'll never know. He's guilty in your court, though.

KG keeps mocking my parallelism of the two cases. To me, it's crystal clear. Interesting that you can't see it.