View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #17
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Bush: a paragon of truth

" Well, first of all, Ken Lay is a supporter. And I got to know Ken Lay when he was the head of the -- what they call the Governor's Business Council in Texas. He was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994. And she had named him the head of the Governor's Business Council. And I decided to leave him in place, just for the sake of continuity. And that's when I first got to know Ken, and worked with Ken, and he supported my candidacy.

This is -- what anybody's going to find, if -- is that this administration will fully investigate issues such as the Enron bankruptcy, to make sure we can learn from the past, and make sure that workers are protected. "
link

That's the quote. Bush says twice that Ken Lay supported the Bush candidacy.
Either you deliberately left that out in order to mischaracterize the presidents intentions or you irresponsibly used a quote you found at some left wing website where someone else deliberately left that out.

Kerry gets caught red handed in a lie that he's repeatedly used for political gain, and this is the best you can come up with for a Kerry's-not-the-only-lier defense?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote