Thread: Pollard anyone?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Pollard anyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
And this coming from a guy who said

"Let the bitch-ass center trade proposals roll! I can't get enough! "

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Does anyone besides me ever get sick of people proposing trades for every shitty center in the league?
I was being sarcastic then. I know it's sometimes hard to read sarcasm on a forum. I think you interpreted my post incorrectly.

Sometimes I think people are just so focused on the center position that they think "Gee, the Mavericks need a center. This guy is a center, and he might be available... why don't the Mavs get him?" The fact that that the guy sucks, and that if the Mavs aquired him, they'd STILL have a giant hole at center doesn't seem to matter. Just aquiring centers for the sake of aquiring centers is enough to make anyone happy it seems. But even when we aquire them, the conversation doesn't stop. We've added four backup centers to the roster this year and people still won't stop proposing trades for MORE backup centers. A guy like Pollard is the LAST thing this team needs.

I'm taking a stand. No more bitch ass centers. No more spares. We've added enough of them. I'm drawing the line here.

Propose a trade that makes sense. If you want the Mavericks to be solid at the center spot, propose a trade that brings back a solid center. There's no reason to talk about Pollard, Nazr Mohommad, Stephen Hunter, Loren Woods, etc etc etc. Even if you think these spares are better than what we have, they still don't solve anything. If you start any of these guys, you'd still have the worst starting center in the Western Conference.. and isn't that the problem you are trying to fix? All this does is change the name of the guy riding the pine.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote